Description SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position can remote anywhere in the contiguous US States
The Associate Actuary completes the most diverse and complicated projects and performs highly complex actuarial studies. This position is in the Finance area supporting the Diversified Business Group (DBG). DBG is a fast-growing organization within Anthem and DBG finance is looking to expand its actuarial staff to support risk arrangements, M&A activity and other actuarial-related work. Looking for high motivated individuals to provide actuarial leadership/insights within the DBG and DBG finance organizations. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs key actuarial functions including new product pricing, evaluation of the impact of new legislation, flexible benefit consulting, and special projects.
- Designs and completes special projects such as developing and maintaining experience-rating formulae and creating and/or reviewing alternative settlement formulate and risk sharing models.
- Responsible for recommendations on pricing, marketing, product design, claims, premium and enrollment administration of business unit.
- Responsible for valuation support for business unit by interpreting financial results, variances from forecast to help identify product and segment behavior to assist in the risk management of the business unit.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- ASA required from the Society of Actuaries (SOA).
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: 102,480.00 – 128,100.00
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
- The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.
(You can apply for this job from Norfolk, VA and nearby regions.)