Parking and Transit Services seeks Campus Ambassadors to work 40 hours per week between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Campus Ambassadors are strategically placed at Walk Only Zones during operating hours. They are also trained to work in one of the campus’ bike valets to monitor bicycles and provide excellent customer service. The Campus Ambassador Team serves a vital role in encouraging compliance with transportation policies, maintaining overall campus safety, and serving the ASU community.
- Work in an outdoor environment 100% of the time, standing and walking for extended periods of time in all weather conditions (heat, rain, wind) and frequently bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 pounds.
- Required to use a two-way radio for communication.
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- May at times use office equipment.
- Drive an ASU vehicle, getting in and out of the vehicle. Scheduled work area subject to change.
- Employee must possess a valid US Driver’s license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment.
One-two years customer service experience in a frontline service environment. OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
- Experience in dealing with the public courteously, tactfully, and fairly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of conflict resolution.
- Experience in carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in preparing clear, concise written and verbal reports.
- Experience in maintaining accurate records.
- Experience in a customer service role.
08-December-2021 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until all positions have been filled.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- Greet and acknowledge customers with a friendly warm greeting, introducing yourself and presenting a professional image in appearance and your communication.
- Monitor and enforce unauthorized wheels in the Walk Only Zone (WOZ).
- No shouting or yelling from short or long distances; get closer or radio ahead. Educate violators where possible in a positive, non-combative manner.
- Assist with open-air classrooms and other related duties as needed.
- Interact with the public in situations ranging from answering routine university-related questions to addressing situations with irate customers.
- Offer assistance to students, faculty, and staff with questions and direct them to helpful links. Promote pedestrian safety.
- Perform routine checks of surrounding buildings near each delta during slower periods (non-class changes).
- Be flexible during daily activities with the ability to change priorities which may include and/or subject to resolution of conflict with customers.
- Monitor activity around the assigned station in the Zone.
- Encourage compliance and change behavior by giving verbal warnings and issue violation notices – Campus Mall Enforcement.
- Deploy and collect WOZ signage.
- Help keep emergency access ways clear.
- Observe, report to any damaged ASU property such as bollards, signs, graffiti, etc. Minor cleaning and equipment maintenance of WOZ signs and graphics.
- Daily use of a computer for attendance and timekeeping. Communicate verbally and in writing.
- Staff special events and perform other duties as directed by the Program Manager.
- Drive Arizona State University leased, owned or rented vehicles and carts to various ASU locations to perform work.
$15.76 per hour
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Parking and Transit Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
(You can apply for this job from Tempe, AZ and nearby regions.)