Chicago’s most trusted dog walkers are searching for passionate people who love animals!
This is a limited part-time role (10-20 hours per week) that can grow into a position of 20-30+ hours per week. Opportunities in the North Center / Lakeview areas.
The company: –
Windy City Dog Walkers have been serving Chicago since 2002. We offer daily dog walks, cat care, and pet sitting with an emphasis on personal attention. A dedicated daily dog walker, working with one household’s pets at a time (no pack walking), and implementing positive training reinforcement are just some of the reasons thousands of pet owners have selected Windy City Dog Walkers since 2002. We are a dedicated team of animal lovers, with positions that offer flexible scheduling, competitive compensation, and a supportive internally recruited management team.
- Professional dog walker with the ability to also care for cats
$17 – $19 / hour
$250 – $500 / week
$9 for each 25-minute visit (dog walk or cat sitting) performed. Most walkers are able to perform about two visits per hour ($18 per hour).
Bonuses are available for two dog household visits, visits performed before 10am, visits performed after 4pm, additional bonuses are available on optional weekend and holiday visits.
Windy City Dog Walkers also has a large, very dedicated, and appreciative client base and we have a software program that makes tipping/gratuity very easy for the client. Annual reviews are performed leading to a potential compensation increase with early reviews for walkers performing at a high level.
Most walkers will start part-time, earning between $250-$400+ per week. The position will have greater earning opportunities based on walker availability, performance, and client demand.
- Create a safe and positive walking environment for our client’s pets
- Follow the client provided care instructions including training preferences
- Provide detailed and attentive care for our client’s cats
- Give our clients first-class customer service with a personal touch
- Communicate with staff via phone/text and photographs
- Contribute to the team effort by working as a team player
- Practice time management to ensure on-time arrivals for all assigned visits and performing all walks within the 25 minutes scheduled
- Travel to our office location upon request (located in River West)
The ideal candidate:
- An honest, patient, and enthusiastic candidate, who can provide our client’s dogs and cats with the highest quality visits possible. The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety and time management. Previous professional or volunteer experience with animals is preferred but a positive attitude with a desire to learn is just as important. The candidate should enjoy an active work environment, walking independently, working outdoors regardless of weather conditions. Consideration for candidates with evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
- This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to start a career or grow their current professional experience with dogs. Many members of our staff were previously dog walkers with on-demand services, doggy daycare staff, dog groomers, or volunteers at a local shelter. The candidate should have an innate desire to care for animals while ensuring their safety.
- You are consistently available to work Monday through Friday during the business day. Most of our clients will request services between 10 am and 4 pm. This general availability must remain constant for at least 12 months. We would need our next walker to be available from at least 11am to 2pm, Monday – Friday.
- The majority of tasks assigned will require you to walk or stand on your feet for several hours per day, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs, and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable walking up to three dogs at the same time
- Clients often request feedings, removing and returning their dogs from a crate, puppy pad replacements, and litter box cleanings
- Capable of working in an environment with traffic, the public, and barking
- You may be exposed to solvents, disinfectants, sanitation chemicals, animal dander, saliva, urine, feces, animal teeth, and claws may contact hands, skin, and clothing
- You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English
- You are capable of working with little supervision
- You have the patience and empathy to work with puppies and other animals with special needs and requirements (medical and behavioral concerns)
- You must be 18 years or older and legally allowed to work in the US
- You must have the ability to safely but quickly travel from one client’s residence to another. We normally schedule 5-10 minutes of travel time between clients. Most walkers use a well-maintained bicycle or operate their own reliable, insured vehicle. Rideshare and CTA would not be an option due to costs/waiting times.
- You must own a smartphone (iOS or Android) with the ability to run our scheduling software (using data and GPS as needed)
This is an amazing opportunity at a fantastic company. Our and pages will show you what our clients have to say about our work!
We have some of the happiest dog walkers in the pet care industry. Please check out Some of our previous reviews have said “Work with a company passionate about pet care!”.
Powered by JazzHR
#Dog #Walker #Pet #Sitter #Lakeview
(You can apply for this job from Chicago, IL and nearby regions.)