- assisting with set up of production line
- assisting with monitoring and adjustment of sauces and ingredients usage as needed for each product
- monitoring ingredient and sauce distribution and appearance in cartons
- performing scrapes, tasting and checking every 15 minutes on cartons
- assisting other freezer operators with monitoring the production line for problems
- cleaning and sanitizing equipment
- performing preventative maintenance on equipment
- interacting with staff, associates and regulatory personnel
- performing all team assignments
- maintaining housekeeping
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work
1:00pm – 9:30pm; Rotating days
Frequency of Pay
Minimum Base Pay
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Other Compensation Information
Weekend Differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
Maximum Base Pay
- must be at least 18 years old
- must demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- must demonstrate safe working habits
- must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- must obtain license and operate forklift
- must be able to learn and perform all positions
- must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- must have good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team player)
- must be able to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- must have excellent safety work habits
- must be willing to assist other team members in other areas
- must be able to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- must possess basic math skills
- must be able to communicate effectively
- must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- must show a commitment to Publix and our mission.
- experience in Ice Cream production operation,
- be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented,
- have a thorough knowledge of the HACCP program,
- have basic computer skills and be able to learn new software,
- experience with touch screen control systems and
- perform sensory evaluation of products and ingredients.
Potential Annual Base Pay
39,624 – 54,704
Temperatures range from 30 to 35 degrees. Wet and slippery.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- General equivalency diploma reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonus
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Direct deposit of your earnings
- Credit union
- Recognition for continuous service through service awards at five-year intervals
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless service and device purchases
- Associate wellness program which offers free health screenings and flu shots
- 6 paid holidays and premium pay for holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
#Ice #Cream #Freezer #Operator #Dairy #Atlanta
(You can apply for this job from Atlanta, GA and nearby regions.)