We are currently seeking a Meter Reader to join our team.
What Grid One Solutions Offers
- Starting pay $12.50 an hour with regular reviews
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Weekly Pay
- Health Insurance eligibility from Day 1
- Full Range of Insurance options to choose from
- Paid Vacation after 1 year
- 6 paid holidays after 90 days of employment
- Uniforms provided
- Boot Reimbursement Program
- Paid Training
- Monday-Friday workweek (occasional Saturdays may be required)
- Complete daily meter reading assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use keys as needed for gaining access to locked meters and return said keys at completion of route.
- Read and record KWH and KWD meter reading at meter location.
- Report unusual conditions of customer s premises as meter reading procedures dictate.
- Complete miscellaneous reports as required.
- Handle customer inquiries.
- Maintain company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Train other meter readers as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Meter Reader Supervisor.
- Know the written safety rules and procedures and adhere to them. Keep tools, equipment and supplies in proper working order and maintain clean, safe work area.
- Attend safety meetings and actively participate in safety awareness programs and activities.
- Wear the approved uniform.
- Ability to pull and inspect meters for hazards, tampering and resealing.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read written instructions, write legibly, understand verbal instruction, make simple computations, complete daily work assignments and transpose numbers accurately.
- Ability to read meters and willingness to learn to operate new equipment and implement new procedures.
- Be available Monday-Friday (occasional Saturdays may be required) from 7 am until 4/5 pm
- Physical capacity to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing the work assignment.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with unexpected situations on customer premises such as irate customers, unfriendly dogs, meter tampering and the unexpected.
- Ability to comprehend new hand-held technology, i.e., Cell Phones, GPS, PDAs, Digital Cameras.
- Strong Directional Skills: Ability to read and understand maps via GPS instruments and websites, i.e., Garmin s, Tom Toms, Google Maps, MapQuest, etc.
- Physical Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., and ability to comfortably walk at a steady pace throughout the workday.
- Valid Driver’s License: Must have a clean Driving Record, free of any moving violations within the last three years and without any suspensions (for any reason); minimal non-moving violations.
- Due to the extensive driving required to perform the job, individuals must have a minimum of five years of driving experience.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions applicable.
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs.
Lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
(You can apply for this job from Greenville, SC and nearby regions.)