The Northport VA Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist (Substance Abuse) to join our team! The Northport VA Medical Center offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nations Veterans. At the Northport VA, we consider it our privilege to service veteransï¿½ healthcare needs in any way we can. Services are available to Veterans living in the Long Island area of New York. In addition to our main facility in Northport, Long Island, we offer services in Community- based outpatient clinics located in Bay shore, East Meadow, Patchogue, Riverhead and Valley Stream. Our Core Values are integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect, and excellence.
- Compensation: $230,000 – $250,000 per year + up to an additional $15,000 annually in an annual performance bonus+ robust benefits package
- CME: 5-Day paid absence and$1,000 reimbursement (subject to budget availability)
- Student Loan Repayment: The selected applicant for this position may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) (up to $200,000)
- Office Hours: Full Time, 8 ï¿½ 4:30 pm, Monday -Friday
- Office Arrangements: Private office in the Hospital
- Licensure:ï¿½ 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory and you can practice anywhere in VHA.
Preferred Experience: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certified. Substance abuse training/experience and DEA X-waiver.
Whether youï¿½re interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, youï¿½ll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction youï¿½ll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and FREE liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
- 208 hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 104 hours paid sick leave each year
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 40 hours paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Term life insurance, family,and additional coverage options
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
VAemployees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERSis a three-tiered retirement plan composed of:
1) Social Security benefits
2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension)
3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
about Long Island
Just outside of New York City youï¿½ll find miles of sparkling ocean beaches, historic sites, quaint downtown villages, world-renowned Long Island Wine Country and the famed Hamptons. Enjoy some of the best farm-to-table fare available in the United States, courtesy of the incredible farmlands and the bounties of the islandï¿½s surrounding waters. Discover Long Island, New York Cityï¿½s beachfront backyard.
Seven bridges and two tunnels connect from New York City to Long Island. From there itï¿½s a short drive east to Nassau and Suffolk counties. Three major express routes run east and west through Long Island: the Long Island Expressway (interstate Route 495), Northern State Parkway and Southern State Parkway. Other local, but major east-west routes include Route 25A and Route 25 on the North Shore; and Route 27 and Route 27A on the south shore.
Long Island is serviced by three major airports: JFK International (JFK); LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and Long Island Islip MacArthur Airport (ISP). The Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) travels from Manhattan to most Long Island towns, and public transportation is available through the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Physical requirements: Physical activity includes sitting, standing (up to 2 hours), walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. Incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable and capable to perform the duties of the position.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise ï¿½ “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” ï¿½ by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans.
ï¿½ PandoLogic. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Addiction Medicine Physician00 – 0Full-Time
#Physician #Addiction #Psychiatry #200k #Medical #School #loan #repayment
(You can apply for this job from New York and nearby regions.)