This is hourly paid work recruiting talent for the Department of Juvenile Justice. Duties include working to determine staffing needs, coordinate job fairs, post positions and recruit for hard to fill positions. This position is part-time and requires less than 30 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives and meeting with managers and or Human Resources staff to discuss needs, create recruitment plans and innovative ways to attract candidates.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, military installations outreach programs and other sources in order to provide organization information, opportunities, and benefits
- Build relationships with partners
- Reviews applications to determine if the applicant meets the qualifications needed for the position applied
- Coordinating and attending job fairs
- Provides consultation to managers as it relates to HR policies and procedures
- Posting job announcements and screening applicants using applicant tracker, Team Ga Careers
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Research area where located in order to determine the best strategy for recruiting within community
- Some day and overnight travel may be required
Associate degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience in human resources
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Preference will be given to candidates who in addition to meeting the minimum requirements possess three of the following:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in recruiting Military and/or Law Enforcement positions.
- One (1) or more years’ experience in recruiting for state, local, or federal government.
- Two (2) or more years working in a Human Resources field
- Three (3) or more years professional level recruiting experience.
- One (1) or more years’ experience in using Taleo or a comparable applicant tracking system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience successfully building relationships to be viewed as a trusted resource for advice and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience with developing recruiting plans and innovative ways to attract qualified candidates.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
#Recruiter #Parttime #Savanah #RYDC #Savanah
(You can apply for this job from Savannah, GA and nearby regions.)